Monday, January 2, 2012

Listen Up

A few thoughts on One Word 365 and my word choice: LISTEN

I saw this quote on twitter the other day: @SoleHope "Well done is better than well said" Benjamin Franklin

I really heard that. 

I am not sure when it started. This insatiable need to prove that I am as smart, or as good, or as likable as other people. I realize that is my own insecurity. Its these insecurities that get me into trouble every time. Its when I am nervous or feel less than, like I need to fit in, that I say stupid things. 

So, my lesson today has been: a little less talk and a lot more action.

What are you learning on your journey today?

Choosing Joy,

1 comment:

isshinryu_mom said...

Visiting OneWord blogs and loved the two posts about your word "Listen". Wow, what a heartfelt and brave first post! I also get a mouth that runneth over when nervous! My hubby always gives me the look when I'm going on and on about stuff with people, often putting my foot right in it!