Monday, January 2, 2012

Listen Up

A few thoughts on One Word 365 and my word choice: LISTEN


I saw this quote on twitter the other day: @SoleHope "Well done is better than well said" Benjamin Franklin


I really heard that. 


I am not sure when it started. This insatiable need to prove that I am as smart, or as good, or as likable as other people. I realize that is my own insecurity. Its these insecurities that get me into trouble every time. Its when I am nervous or feel less than, like I need to fit in, that I say stupid things. 


So, my lesson today has been: a little less talk and a lot more action.


What are you learning on your journey today?


Choosing Joy,
Pamela

1 comment:

isshinryu_mom said...

Visiting OneWord blogs and loved the two posts about your word "Listen". Wow, what a heartfelt and brave first post! I also get a mouth that runneth over when nervous! My hubby always gives me the look when I'm going on and on about stuff with people, often putting my foot right in it!
Ann http://rejoice3652012.blogspot.com/