Wednesday, December 31, 2008
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook, also.
Anyway, I got my New Years wish. Thanks T. Have a good one all you out here in cyberland, and be safe:).
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
These are the things in life that I MUST have to sustain me. Much like the air I breathe. So here goes:
- Jesus Christ
- The Brothers(Allen-Michael, Joshua, and Joseph)
- My Fam(Mom, Terri, Missy and Chuck)(ALL of the nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles, cousins, in-laws and out-laws, one and all)
- Friends ( the 2 Kell's(Henckel and Hartnett) Mike and Dede, Ted and Ange, Jennifer, Kimmy, Alicia, Lynda, Leigh, the 2 Shell's(Crockett and Vanderford) All those that I neglected to mention, you know the usual suspects, forgive me)
- Music(LOVE Matthew West, Mark Roach, Jill Phillips, Chris Rice, the Andrews(Peterson and Gullahorn) David Cook, Daughtry, Bebo Norman, ( I could probably fill the entire page if I continue naming names)
- Church Family(both near and far)
- Blogs-Blue Is A Circle, And That's Just Today, Mark Roach Music, Accordion Me (they keep me humble, entertained, enlightened and usually really make me laugh!)
- Diet Coke
- Baskin Robbins Straws(they're PINK)
- Cookies (you can tell that one, can't ya?)
- Good Movies
- Books (the Bible goes without saying)
- A Great Tweet! ( Big shout out to Kelley and Julie-You'll never know how you guys keep me going throughout the day)
- A Great Mattress ( at the end of the day, its a most welcome retreat- I do my best thinking there)(at least I didn't say the toilet)
- MSC TV- Stepping Down (SO AWESOME)(advise you check out all the videos there)
So there you have it...My must haves! (at least the ones I can think of at this moment. I'm sure I'll think of more after I post:). )
Thanks for hanging with me and letting me share my thoughts. I appreciate your patience as I learn how to do this blog thing! You Rock!
Happy New Year!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Where does post partum depression end and clinical depression begin? From all that I've read, at about a year post baby. So when did I go from PPD to depression? I can't answer that either.
Does this mean that I don't trust God enough? Does it mean that I don't have enough faith? Does it mean that I am not doing the right things? I don't think so. I know that most depression is a result of a biochemical reaction in the brain. Much like diabetes is a biochemical problem with the pancreas. I know that hormone fluctuations can play a big part in how we feel. Even knowing all of this, I still somehow feel that I am a failure or that its my fault. I did something to deserve this. I feel ashamed and embarrassed that I am in this situation or that I have to take medication for it.
One thing I do know is that I am a child of God and that I am made in His image. I also know that He promises to not give us more than we can handle. I have learned that I have to let go and give God control. There is very little I can control, with exception to my own choices. I cannot worry enough to keep my kids safe, or my husband and I from splitting. If anything, worry causes sin. Worry causes us to think we know more than God. I would also go further to say it is a form of conceit. To quote C.S. Lewis, "If you think you are not conceited, it means you are very conceited indeed". So I guess that in all transparency, I am definitely conceited.
So the question is...how much can I handle? I may never know, but evidently as long as God is in control of my life, I can handle anything. I am also finding that if I think more about Him and the people around me, I have a lot less time to think about how I feel or how I think things should be.
I know there is a balance between medication and faith. Add to that a willingness to let go, I can live with this quite productively.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I haven't even talked about my kiddoes. The "brothers" are the best. I miss them so much. They live in MO with their Dad. The reasons are important and I know they are where they need to be right now. It doesn't make it easy for any of us, but who knows what the future will bring and if the boys are stable and want to live here in IN with me, we will make those changes when the time is right.
I have a huge extended family. My mom was one of nine and my dad was one of seven. I really am not sure how many cousins, and second cousins I have. I am close to most of my aunts and uncles on my moms side and several on my dads. I see many of my moms side at church and we all visit alot. I talk to several on my dads side on a regular basis, but don't get to see them as often as I'd like.
One thing is for sure, you can always count on family. For a hug or a smile. For prayers and wisdom. even fior a meal now and then;-)
Thank you Lord for my family. Please bless them and keep them.